The Client: Founded in 1975, Microsoft Corp. (www.microsoft.com) is the worldwide leader in software, services and solutions that help people and businesses realize their full potential.
The Challenge: Microsoft looks to companies with recognized expertise and real-world experience to showcase new and emerging technologies.
Our Role: Renaissance has been contracted to develop a starter kit application as well as a set of white papers and tutorials to demonstrate and to provide guidance in using new Microsoft tools and technologies.
The Result: Using Visual Studio and SQL Server, Renaissance developed a fully-functional application for teachers, the Teacher Starter Kit, allowing them to manage students, courses, and grades. This application is available for free download from Microsoft at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/vbasic/ms789080.aspx. Full source code is provided (both C# and VB versions) so that developers can quickly get up to speed and learn coding techniques not readily available from other sources.
Renaissance has also been contracted to develop the following white papers and projects:
- Connecting to Microsoft SQL Server 2008 from Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and 2008
- Writing SQL Queries: Let’s Start with the Basics
- New DataSet Features in ADO.NET 2.0
- New DataSet Features in Visual Studio 2005
- Translation of Security Best Practices articles (from C# to VB.NET)
- Power Point presentations on Migrating from VB6 to VB.NET for Microsoft field staff